ChatGPT Ban In Italy – How To Get Around It?
Italy has become the first Western country to block advanced AI chatbot ChatGPT.
The Italian data-protection authority said there were privacy concerns relating to the model, which was created by US start-up OpenAI and is backed by Microsoft. The regulator said it would ban and investigate OpenAI “with immediate effect”. Millions of people have used ChatGPT since it launched in November 2022. With OpenAI banned in Italy, lot’s of people lost access to a tool that became a necessity in just a couple of months. Here, at TipsFromGeeks we will help our fellow Italians to continue using ChatGPT despite their government deciding against it.
How to Access ChatGPT in Italy?
Easy, you just need NordVPN! With it you can easily access ChatGPT in Italy. Read below to learn step-by-step how to access ChatGPT. Also, here at TipsFromGeeks we offer a special NordVPN coupon code that will get you a 2-year NordVPN subscription with up to 63% discount! The price will be only $3.29 per month! Also, everyone getting the 2-year plan will also receive a gift — 3 months extra! Don’t miss this opportunity!
Step-by-Step Guide to Access ChatGPT Using NordVPN
Follow this step-by-step guide to set up a VPN account, configure it on your device, and access ChatGPT in Italy. Please note that the specific steps may vary slightly depending on the VPN provider you choose.
Follow these straightforward steps to effortlessly set up NordVPN and access ChatGPT in Italy:
- Register for a new NordVPN account by selecting a suitable subscription plan (starting at $3.29/month).
- Connect to a server in a country where OpenAI is accessible (e.g. France)
- Enjoy unrestricted access to ChatGPT in Italy with the added security and privacy benefits provided by NordVPN.
- Once the VPN connection is established, open your preferred web browser or app.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies to ensure that your new IP address and location are detected.
- Visit the ChatGPT website or open the ChatGPT app.
- Log in with your ChatGPT account credentials or sign up for a new account if you don’t have one.
- Start using ChatGPT as you normally would, with the added security and privacy benefits provided by your VPN connection.
Not sure which VPN to choose? Here’s our top recommended VPNs in 2024:
NordVPN ($3.99/month) – leading VPN service with thousands of servers, blazing speeds and military-grade encryption.
Surfshark ($2.29/month) – a fast VPN service that gives so much for very little: strong encryption, unlimited devices, etc.
AtlasVPN ($1.70/month) – offers safe and high-quality services that you can use for online privacy for a budget-friendly price.
Perfect Privacy ($8.95/month) – great Swiss VPN provider for your privacy, though comes with Swiss price tag.
VyprVPN ($5.00/month) – another solid all-round Swiss VPN provider.
What is a VPN?
A virtual private network (VPN) is security software that encrypts your Internet traffic and online activities, also helping you to avoid data theft and hacking. Another feature that a VPN is often used for is changing or hiding your original IP address, making it seem like you’re based in another country. It’s a great way to access geo-blocked websites that are unavailable in your location. Most VPNs offer a lot of extra features like safe Torrenting, adblocking and others.
Why is NordVPN the Best?
The recommended NordVPN is liked and rated highly by tech experts and tech giants such as PCMag, Techadvisor and other known reliable sources:
- Strict no-logs policy makes NordVPN an extremely reliable VPN, as it does not collect or monitor user online activities. Furthermore, it is based in Panama where there are no mandatory data retention laws.
- NordVPN provides strong military-grade encryption between you and your device.
- Over 5500+ servers scattered all over the world.
- The SmartPlay feature lets users access over 150 geo-blocked streaming services and websites
- NordVPN offers a feature that automatically protects smartphones once they connect to an unsecured network.
- More features like an ad-blocker, a kill switch, extensions for browsers are part of the subscription as well.
- Easily access ChatGPT in Italy
Threat Protection feature
Did you know that with NordVPN subscription you also get a Threat Protection feature? And it’s free. Protect yourself against malware, trackers and other threats using NordVPN. And that’s not all. It scans your files before you download them, also identifies threats and blocks intrusive ads. This article will walk you through all the cool features of Threat Protection.
Also, NordVPN introduced a new Threat Protection feature — vulnerability detection. It checks your Windows computer for vulnerable programs and notifies you about their security flaws so you can take action. The new feature is easy to set up, requires no additional app installation and is easy to use.
NordVPN now has Apple TV app
Using VPN for streaming became easier than ever. Download the app for your Apple TV and you’ll be able to enjoy your favourite movies and series securely and without video buffering.
Meshnet for work, file share, video games
Once set up, Meshnet functions just like a secure local area network (LAN) — it connects devices directly. It’s a way to safely access other devices, no matter where in the world they are. This free option is irreplaceable for file sharing, work collaborations, and intense multiplayer gaming.
Italy has become the first Western country to block advanced AI chatbot ChatGPT. The Italian data-protection authority said there were privacy concerns relating to the model, which was created by US start-up OpenAI and is backed by Microsoft. The regulator said it would ban and investigate OpenAI “with immediate effect”. Millions of people have used…