Linus Sebastian is a Canadian personality, best known for his five YouTube channels (Techquickie, TechLinked, LinusCatTips and Channel Super Fun), the most popular channel being Linus Tech Tips. Overall, these four channels have over 11 million subscribers and Linus has founded Linus Media Group, a company that is responsible for the production of these channels. His famous channel Linus Tech Tips ranked the 5th most watched Technology channels on YouTube and he is considered to be one of Google’s top preferred advert channels. His videos usually consist of in-depth PC and numerous gadget reviews, unboxing, building PCs and more.
Linus Tech Tips net worth
Linus Tech Tips is one of the most popular tech YouTubers, having gathered over 2,5 billions views on his popular channel Linus Tech Tips, having four more channels too and also taking up various tech and computer related projects, showing how to get cheaper flight tickets and so on. Linus is one of the best examples when it comes to YouTube monetization and making money via his YouTube channel and other. Linus Tech Tips net worth skyrocketed since he first started making videos, so how much is Linus Tech Tips worth? It is believed that his net worth is somewhere around $2,5 million dollars, his main income channel being YouTube.
How does Linus Tech Tips make money?
Linus Tech Tips main income comes from his multiple YouTube channels. So, this means that Linus gets paid for:
- Views. YouTubers can join YouTube partner program and get paid for their video views. Most often, CPM is used, this means that the creator gets paid a fixed sum per 1000 video views, usually from $2-$5.
- YouTube ads. Creators can monetize ad views and ad clicks they get from their videos, as Google inserts ads via AdSense.
- Paid sponsorships. Products and services pay for mentions or promoted material, such as merchandise, product placement and etc.
- All of these. If the YouTuber is as big and famous as Linus Tech Tips, they probably get all of these, which is a lot, as the YouTuber is known so they get a lot of views and therefore get better sponsored deals.
A lot of YouTube personalities and channels get paid for their content, for example Phil DeFranco, Techline, Alpharad, New Rockstars – all get paid for their videos and are known to have exclusive sponsors and make promotional content.
How much does Linus Tech Tips make?
- Linus Tech Tips YouTube channel videos get about 1 million views per video.
- TechLinked videos have about 500,000 views per video.
- Techquickie videos get about 400,000 views per video.
- Channel Super Fun has about 300,000 views per one video.
- LinusCatTips videos get an average of 50,000 views for one video.
So, let’s say if Linus gets paid $3 dollars per 1000 video views, he gets an estimate of about $6,750 per one video, which can be said is about per day, as most videos gather the biggest share of their views in the first 24 hours.
But let’s assume that the sum is a bit less, as maybe he gets paid less for his other not so popular YouTube channels and so on, so about $150,000 per month.
Knowing that Linus advertises for various products and advertisers, and does a lot of paid sponsorships and promotions, it can be said that he gets about $220,000 per month.
That is a lot, considering that Linus Sebastian is only 32 years old. As his career keeps going and surely his video views and popularity will continue to rise, Linus Tech Tips channel might become an even bigger and more popular YouTube technology channel if he continues making relevant content and keeps up with his competitors who are growing strong as well.